Mother’s Day is around the corner and we have some ideas that will make our mom friends (and us!) happy. We are putting aside fancy brunches and are opting for more practical things that will make her day special, plus things she can integrate into her daily routine too. Whether it be a new style staple from a local shop or letting someone else take care of dinner, come see what we have in mind.
1. We love this cute and cozy sweatshirt with lacing from n:philanthropy. Head to Rue Atelier in Berkeley to check out their selection and shop for good, as the clothing company gives 10% of net proceeds to charity.
2. Dash out early on Mother’s Day Sunday to either the Temescal or Montclair Farmer’s Markets, where you’ll find the Starter Bakery stand. Beeline to the kouign-amann and get mom the best pastry she’s had and say good-bye to croissants forever. Get a few extras, don’t ask her to share!
3. When was the last time mom had a moment to herself to just wander and get lost in a bookstore? Take whatever is off her plate for an afternoon and let mom explore. We love getting lost in pages at Book/Shop in Temescal Alley.
4. Give mom the night off from cooking with East Bay-based, League of Chefs. They have a set menu each day, with a vegetarian option too, and you can save 5% when you order the family sized meals. You simply order, pick up, then enjoy at home.
5. We are in love with these 3-stack rose gold-filled bangles from Oakland jeweler, Marja Germans Gard. They are casual enough to wear everyday, yet chic enough to accent mom’s wrist for a fun night out.
What do you want for Mother’s Day?
Hero Image: by Jen Kay for 24 East