Tamarindo Antojeria is a Mexican restaurant in the heart of Uptown Oakland that may or may not be on your radar for date night, but it should be! Nestled next to the popular bar, The Trappist, the trendy restaurant with traditional dishes from various regions in Mexico is run by Gloria Dominguez and her son, Alfonso. Not only will you love the Mole de Tamarindo and the Tamal Oxaqueno (chicken tamales steamed in banana leaves), but you’ll fall in love with the hot spot’s airy and cheerful decor. Come inside this beautiful space and see what to wear when you go!
2. Butter London has sophisticated nail polish colors free of formaldehyde and full of bamboo extracts and other natural ingredients to help strengthen nails. I love this dusty mauve shade. It’s just moody enough for Fall without going too dark. Plus, it goes with everything!
3. Tamarindo is such a festive place, that a little flair in your wardrobe is fun to indulge in. This textured, fringe lace top and skirt combination is a comfortable and flattering silhouette, and perfect for warmer Indian Summer nights.
4. A neutral shimmering shade of eye shadow adds just a hint of flirtyness to your face. I love this sheer beige color. It’s a classic.
5. Come night’s end, you’ll want to take off your makeup with this Tea Tree Makeup Remover Oil by Oakland based optometrist, Dr. Tanya Gill. We Love Eyes is made without parabens or gluten, and the natural formula even removes waterproof makeup!
6. Tamarindo’s warm dark woods and pops of pink reminded me of this equally cozy and delectable split-suede, tassel clutch that I’ve had my eye on. The best thing is you can wear this deep port color all winter long!
7. I love these navy sandals and they will still look amazing come Spring!
8. I have worn and worn my Cropped Trench Coat from San Francisco’s Cuyana. It’s lightweight enough to throw on over a dress or t-shirt, and a much needed layer for the Bay Area. Even in the sunnier East Bay, nights can get chilly!
9. This Tahitian Pearl Necklace by Melissa Joy Manning is unique and utterly sophisticated. The smokey pearl adds an unexpected bit of edge to this feminine look.
Find out the best place to hike in Oakland and what to wear here!
Photos courtesy of Tamarindo Antojeria