Bay Area native, Lauren Goldman (founder of L’oro Designs) is a skilled architect and designer with an eye for clean, contemporary lines. Her clutter-free design approach has produced beautifully simple homes that we are huge fans of. As you may know, this design approach is no easy feat to achieve. So we wanted to learn the secrets to her success behind creating beautiful and cohesive homes for families that were still approachable and livable. Lucky for us, she spilled some serious insider sourcing tips! With a “simple is beautiful” mantra, Lauren shares her top, go-to design pieces for children’s rooms plus the home, and why she comes back to them time and time again for projects. You will want to bookmark these immediately, we promise.
Top 8 Kid Friendly Chic Design Items
1. The Hanging Lounger is the perfect accent piece in any yard that is fun for kids and adults — durable to the elements, but still great to look at.
2. I love the Tolix Chairs and Stools. They’re durable, kid-friendly, wipeable, and able to withstand any spills and dings!
3. This Slim Bookcase from Room & Board doesn’t take up much space and comes in so many fun colors.
4. These Cube Bins are perfect for kids toys and fit on a small shelf to be put away during clean up.
5. Consider non-breakable living room side tables that don’t have sharp corners, but are still durable so they stand up to toys being rammed into them! I love this unique Wood Stump Side Table.
6. Knit Poufs from Restoration Hardware are super tough and can be jumped on, but still light enough that kids can move them around their rooms to play.
7. Oeuf makes amazing kids stuff! I love these unusual, Kid-Friendly Table and their bunny chairs.
8. Hexagon Hooks in the bathroom are great for hooded towels.
Another tip: Outdoor fabrics inside are totally bullet proof for spills, and the materials/textures have come a long way that they are completely luxurious inside, as well! I love Link Outdoor‘s fabric selection.
Favorite 8 Pieces for the Home
1. A favorite place to get home accessories to enhance any coffee table is Calypso. I love these agate coasters.
2. My eye is drawn towards rose gold everything right now. I can’t get enough of it! Love this pillow.
3. For beautiful, sculptural outdoor pots and stools, there is no better place than Green Form.
4. These lights are so simple and stunning. I would love to do these on a project, at least 7 of them clustered together and different heights.
5. Anything from Bleu Nature is so jaw-dropping gorgeous and unique, like these side tables.
6. I’m obsessed with these dining room chairs by Bartoli Design.
7. I worship these porcelain frames. I have them in every pattern that I can get a hold of.
8. For the most luxurious throws that are made by women artisans by a female run business, I turn to Sefte throws. They are amazing in any room:
images c/o Lauren Goldman